Sunday, February 16, 2014

By Way of Introduction

Welcome. I hope you found me without too much difficulty. You know like space aliens holding laser rays to your head and forcing you to read my stuff. If they are doing that, well... good then that was money well spent.

I say welcome and I mean it. I mean you are welcome to comment and criticize and trash and sweet talk and whatever you would like. I hope this blog acts as a springboard for discussion. I am ultimately a fantasy/horror author. I am self published. We can go through each of those at length later. Through this blog you will hear my ramblings on everything from self publishing to comic books to earning money through other writing methods to being a father, husband, science nerd, ninja pirate.

Hopefully by now you can see that I am not an overly serious person. I hope you can take some of the more abrasive things I say with a grain of salt. Trust me, sometimes I even offend myself. I hope to hear from each and every one of you. Let me know what you want to know about me and if you have a strongly differing opinion than what I present, please let me know. But be prepared. I hate people who have opinions just to have an opinion. I love it when people know why they believe what they believe.

Now for just a few FAQ style questions:

Question: How old are you?
Answer: 32 as of January 2014.

Question: How many kids do you have?
Answer: 4. My stepson is 17, stepdaughter 15, daughter 6, and son who would be 8.

Question: What do you mean would be?
Answer: My son passed away December 2012 from an aggressive brain cancer/tumor called DIPG, Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma. It is a highly aggressive brain tumor that thus far has been nearly 100% lethal. He was treated at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital by a wonderful staff. He was full of love and faith and was wise beyond his years.

Question: How many books have you published?
Answer: 1 children's book written with my son and 3 short stories are all available on Amazon.com. See the links at the side of the page for a full list.

Question: Why did you take so long off from writing?
Answer: My son's cancer diagnosis really shook my world up.

Question: Why Amazon and none of the others?
Answer: I started to publish on all of the self publishing platforms, but stopped for one reason or another. Now, I get better rates and feel that I have better options to not put the time and effort into other platforms. This is primarily due to Amazon gaining steam while the other platforms stagnate a bit.

Question: Who are your favorite authors? Who inspires you?
Answer: I love a number of authors from a number of genres:  Brandon Sanderson, J.A. Konrath, Robert Heinlein, Terry Pratchett, Mark Twain, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, Homer, R.A. Salvatore, J.K. Rowling, Gail Z. Martin and many others.

Question: Chocolate or Vanilla?
Answer: Vanilla. Because.

Question: XBox or Playstation?
Answer: Current generations- XBox. Playstation 2, if before.

That should about do it for today. More questions and answers and opinions should follow.

1 comments:

Jason said...

I found your blog and will be stopping by often to check in.

Post a Comment