Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday morning Planning

Ok. So I normally spend Monday morning every other week at my computer reviewing what I have done for the past two weeks and working out plans for my writing and world creation for the next two weeks. I spend a considerable amount of time conversing with a co-creator of my fantasy world discussing everything from politics to hair color in our world. The process really helps me to step inside the world and look at things from my characters' eyes. This morning has been one of those mornings.

After a couple of hours of back and forth discussion, I settle in to write until that urge/need is sated. My wife/editor is starting to crack the whip and be a bit more relaxed about my writing taking over my waking moments. Somehow, I think she wants to see me finish this book as much or more than I do.

While my current project is traditional epic fantasy, I have swimming in my head another series that is a bit of a break from that. This other series is YA urban paranormal steampunk. I hope that's not too genre-mashy for any of you. If it's not, I have thought about maybe letting it go into the realm of dystopia too. That too much? Thought so. I told my wife though that this YA is probably going to fly out of my head, since I am being delicate and precise with Bound by Blood. I intend to relax a little more with the rest of Bound by Blood and with my YA series.

What is your favorite genre to write or read? I eagerly await your comments below.

1 comments:

Regge Ridgway said...

Hello Michael. Like red bull too. Sometimes with Jagger Good luck with writing and if bored check out my blog. http://characterswellmet.blogspot.com. Reggie Ridgway writer of fiction novels and ya short stories.

Post a Comment