Friday, April 8, 2011

Momentum is Key

Ok. So I have a few new chapters down in my book. I hope this weekend proves very fruitful I am thinking if I can really get some good momentum I can be as deep as a fourth or maybe even a third of the way into my book by Monday. The next few chapter should fly by. I love writing action scenes. They flow pretty quickly for me.


On a side note. I had an interesting night last night. Here is my recap. I think this is mostly the way that it happened. Yeah. That's it, this IS the way it happened.


I was writing, my mind deep in the euphoria of scene creation, when my name cut through the soft Celtic melodies of Lisa Cannon.

 "Michael." I heard. Ripping off my headphones I came to my wife's call. "Something is getting into the trash. I think it might be a possum."

"Let me go check it out, honey. You stay here in safety."

And so I went retrieving my trusty axe from beside the back door. Pulling open the thick back door, I peered into the night. A small movement caught my eye from the top of the trash can. I rattled the door to get the attention of whatever it was.

It looked up and met my stare, eye to eye. The ferocious beast stood upright. It grew as it stood: two, three, finally four feet tall fully upright. It's razor sharp talons glinted in the little bit of moonlight. It snarled and launched itself across the wooden porch at me.

My reactions were too quick to be surprised by such a tactic. My axe handle served to parry the beast's yellowed teeth away before they could find their mark. Following through with the grace of a championship figure skater, I smote the beast. I felled the hell-spawned creature by one blow from my mighty axe. And so, I stood victorious over the vile beast.


At least that's how I remember it.

Anyway. That's enough stalling, back to my novel.

1 comments:

Anita said...

Ummm...that's not exactly the way I remember it!

Post a Comment