Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gravesight: A not so grave review

I recently dipped into the entertainment budget to get a novella by a new and budding author, Jeremy McNabb. The novella Gravesight was a fun excursion. I let/made my wife read the sample from Amazon.com and she immediately begged me to pay the $.99 to buy the rest of the story. Read my review below.


I really liked the story and the setting. Though the story is short, intentionally so, there is a solid amount of action and intrigue to make you want to turn the page. 

Jeremy McNabb's otherkind seem to be a well thought out alternative to your traditional creatures of modern fantasy. 

The steampunk influences of the story are relatively light. Thus a newbie to the genre of steampunk should be able to follow right along.

On the negative side, I do feel that the story could use a healthy dose of copy editing. Nothing that distracts from the story too much, but there are a few errors.

All in all I would say a great read and a good tease for the yet to be published book seriesGravesight

0 comments:

Post a Comment